Bioeconomy Innovation Day: Advancing Resource Efficiency and Value Creation in Europe
The Bioeconomy Innovation Day – Advancing Resource Efficiency and Value Creation in Europe – is organised in cooperation with the Swedish research collaboration platform Treesearch, FinnCERES materials bioeconomy Flagship from Finland, and the B2BE facilitator, a matchmaker in the Flemish bioeconomy.
The event will take place on 16 November, 2023, at 9:00-18:00 (CET) in Brussels, at the Marriott Hotel Grand Place.
This unique opportunity brings together key innovators, policy-makers, researchers, and funding agencies with the aim to explore the importance of the bioeconomy in fostering resource efficiency, resilience, and value creation across Europe. The goal is to explore how the bioeconomy can advance the green transition and offer fresh insights into cutting-edge circular bio-based innovations.
Join us to delve into the potential of bioeconomy innovations for Europe and discuss the future of research and development funding for materials research and innovation!
- Registration is open until 1 November;
- The event is free of charge;
- A no-show fee of 100EUR will be invoiced to registered people who have not attended the event.
Please note: registering for the event does not automatically grant access, as we will be conducting a selection process to ensure a diverse and balanced participation.
9:00 – Welcome coffee/tea & Registrations
9:25 – Introduction of Programme
Session 1: Innovation & Value Creation in Europe
- 9:30 – Antonio Pantaleo – EIC Programme Manager for energy systems and green technologies, European Innovation Council: ”European Innovation Council funding programmes and start-ups supported in the area of bioeconomy”
- 9:50 – Nicola Francesco Dotti – Senior Policy Officer, Science Europe: ”Research policymaking in the European research area”
- 10:10 – Jim Philp – Science and Technology Policy Analyst, OECD: “Public investment needs from design to scale-up in the area of bioeconomy“
- 10:30 – Aleksanteri Tuomainen – Investment Director, Taaleri Bioindustry: “Supporting innovation: viewpoint of venture capital investor”
10:50 – Moderated discussion with the speakers
11:10 – Coffee/tea break
Session 2: Strategies to advancing resource efficiency and green transition in Europe
- 11:40 – Adrian Leip – Bioeconomy Head of Sector at European Commission, DG RTD: ”EU Bioeconomy Strategy”
- 12:00 – Tatu Torniainen – Leading Expert at The Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra: ”Strategies to advancing resource efficiency and green transition in Europe”
- 12:20 – Dr. Eva-Kathrin Schillinger – European Chemical Industry Council: “Advanced Materials Initiative”
12:40 – Moderated discussion with the speakers
13:00 – Lunch break
14:00 – Session 3: Presentations of EPNOE Association, FinnCERES, Treesearch, B2BE
- EPNOE Research Roadmap 2040: ”Advanced Strategies for Exploiting the Vast Potential of Polysaccharides as Renewable Bioresources”
- FinnCERES Flagship: ”Research Accelerating the Bio-Based Material Revolution”
- Treesearch: ”Collaboration on the research on materials from the forest”
- B2BE Facilitator: ”What it means to be the matchmaker in the Flemish bioeconomy”
14:40 – Session 4: Industry Bioeconomy Showcases
- ExpandFibre Ecosystem
- Tetra Pak
Moderated discussion with the speakers
16:00 – 18:00 – Session 5: Exhibition & Cocktail Reception
- Showcase of new bio-based products, prototypes and innovations from the industry and academia
The Programme is subject to potential adjustments and updates.